FoodMaxx Featured Recipe
Authentic Queso Fresco Enchiladas
Prep Time: 45m
Cook Time: None
IngredientsWhat You'll Need
- 2 packages (10 oz.) of Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- ½ medium onion, rough chopped
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 chipotle peppers with 1 Tablespoon accompanying adobo sauce
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dozen corn tortillas 1 ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- Lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
DirectionsWhat To Do
- COMBINE all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil and allow to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- HEAT oil in a medium skillet until it shimmers. Dip tortillas, one at a time, into the oil to soften and lightly fry, about 45 seconds to a minute. Then dip the softened tortilla into the enchilada sauce and remove to a plate.
- ADD crumbled Queso Fresco to the middle of the tortilla and top with a few slices of pepper (optional). Roll tortilla around the filling to make the enchilada.
- TO SERVE: Top enchiladas with lettuce, queso fresco crumbles, and drizzle with chipotle crema.